Ways to find quality builders for your dream home
When you take a loan to build your dream home, you should make sure that the structure, style and quality of work is tailor-made for your every need. So selecting a reliable and qualified builder is a very important step to realize your dream.
How to assess qualities of the builder
To find the perfect qualified builder, you can follow the ways mentioned below:
- Find out if the builder is enlisted in the directory of local home builders’ association. You can directly go to the website of National Association of Home Builders and find out the names of local builders of your area.
- Get a list of people whose homes have been built by the same builder. Talk to those people and find out if there has been any problem.
- Talk to the builder about the warranty period and the package of services he is willing to give you. If the builder is a good one, he will give you a one-year warranty on materials and workmanship.
- A quality builder will suggest you to install some energy efficient appliances in your home, so that you can have some long term financial gain and can also save on monthly utility bills.
- Pay a visit to the homes that are previously constructed by the same builder. Inspect them thoroughly. Talk to the residents about their experience with the builder and the after-sale services offered by him. You should talk to several owners and get a random sample of opinions. If you talk to more number of people, the impression you will get about the builder will be more accurate.
- While examining a home constructed by the same builder, you should look at the quality of the construction features. You should inspect the quality of carpentry, paint, cabinetry, trim work, etc.
- You should review the insurance and contract policy. Ensure that the builder has enough liability insurance and workers compensation to cover the stipulated work. In case of enough coverage, you will be liable to pay for construction related accidents.
- The qualified builder should provide you with a written contract, where he will specifically mention about his work schedule, change order policies and payment schedule. Insurance related clauses should also be included in the contract.
Your home is one of the invaluable financial assets of your life. So, you should not compromise with the quality of your home and select a builder who can guarantee you of the best work.