How to select American home builders for varied housing styles
Do you feel the excitement of building a new home of your own? Do you think that having a new home constructed is the only way to fulfill all your needs, wants, desires, dreams and expectations? If yes, then you should have a thorough knowledge on American home builders, so that you can choose the most suitable builder to realize your dreams.
Home building involves a lot of things right from evaluating the tax benefits you will get as homeowner, to finding the right builder.
Types of home construction
The American home builders construct a wide variety of homes from a simple to a complex one. You can choose a type according to your own needs. The different types of home are:
- Concrete homes
- Custom homes
- 50+ homes
- Log homes
- Modular homes
- Panelized homes
- Multifamily homes
- Systems-built homes
- Green homes
Types of builder
Generally American home builders are of the following types, based on the sort of home they construct and the area over which they spread their business, namely:
- New home builder
- Custom home builder
- International builder
- Small volume builder
- Production builder
What you should ask your builders
Prior to selecting the right builder for you, you should ask them some basic questions. If the answers satisfy you, then you can proceed to finalize your contract with him. The questions you should ask are as follows:
- Are you a member of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) or any local home builders’ association?
- How long are you in the business?
- What will be your charge towards additional building cost? (additional building cost may include things like, landscaping, foundation design, gravel drive for rural, septic, well, grading, water line, gas, sewer, driveway, structural engineering, etc).
- Do you have sufficient workers compensation and general liability insurance?
- Do you use branded products for kitchen and bathroom fittings?
- Can you provide me with some names of your previous customers?
- Do you offer a wide range of plans for floors and walls?
- Do you give warranty on the homes you build or do you pass it on to some third party insurance companies?
- Do you mention in the contract the stipulated date by which you are going to complete the construction?
Home is the biggest financial investment of a lifetime. So, you should do enough research on a builder and his quality of work, before you select one to construct your home.
Fort Lauderdale Real Estate – Premier Estate Properties offers luxury homes for sale and real estate in Vero Beach, Vero Beach, Florida
Insurance Tick – Insurance Tick Australia is an online magazine on insurance reviews, news and more that you can compare. Check us out daily for all the updates.